m450 handle +ps?

pawcatch

Will the model 450 from taurus handle 45lc +p loads like the 265 gr.+p load from corbon?Yes,I realize that is a hunting load.

Laz

I recall reading when the 450 first came out that Taurus did not recommend shooting hotter loads because the geometry of such a large caliber in such a small package made for a very thin-walled forcing cone. I also would recommend calling Taurus but I suspect they are going to recommend standard-pressure loads. On the other hand, I have read a number of tests on the 450 which listed velocities for Cor-Bon 200 grain loads which are listed at 1150 fps probably from a 4 inch barrel, so I guess it can take a certain amount of them anyway. Lazarus

pawcatch

Laz,
I didn't know taurus made the m450 with a 4inch barrel.I'm not saying your wrong just I've contacted several dealers and looked on taurus's website and I can't find a m450 with a 4inch barrel.Hope right though,I would much rather have a 450 with a 4inch barrel.

Laz

Pawcatch,

Sorry, I didn't mean the 450 is available with a 4 inch barrel. I just meant that I believe the Cor-Bon stated velocity is taken with a 4 inch barrel. didn't make myself too clear. Lazarus