M24s for sale as surplus

kraigwy

It's legit, but its way more then its worth. Why? is my question. You want a surplus rifle, get a CMP Garand, if you want a supper accurate rifle, build one. Both can be done (together) for a lot less in what they are asking for those rifles.

Not like they can be traced to some soldier who did something spectacular.

Dr. Strangelove

If you just want to own something like that, it's probably worth whatever the cost will be.

You can buy a rifle that accurate for a lot less.

Whatever floats your boat...

m.p.driver

Basically you're getting a new receiver-barrel,but the old and well used stocks,trigger,assort small parts,and the box.I think you could do a 700 varmint and a pelican case for a lot cheaper.

5RWill

Prices have always been high for this rifle, just because it's a military rifle. I wouldn't mind winning one or something like that. I would certainly use the barrel, take the action use it for a .284 or a magnum, and sale the stock. I used to really want a m24. But i can get a more accurate rifle built and have it cost less, i'd much rather them do with this with M40A5s. Then again with todays smith's unless you have to have the legit serial number m24 or m40, they can build you one.

Last edited:

shurshot

I would just buy a new Remington 700 and dress it up as you like. Probably a lot cheaper in the long run, and you get a new rifle with a Warranty.

Marquezj16

I'll buy a couple of raffle tickets. It's for a good cause if the proceeds are going to the Fisher House. I don't think I'd buy one outright though, even if I could afford it.

RT

Dang, for 3400 you could almost get a new GA Precision custom or get a OBR and optics

Fullboar

I can pretty sure I can remember the US Government paid more then 10 thousand each for the complete M24 system so half of that is going to be at least 5 thousand dollars and thats after Remington reworks their magic NOT (we all know the quality coming out of Remington these days). Personally I would rather a Accuracy International or Sako TRG, they would be more reliable and alot more accurate (and alot cheaper as well).

Fullboar

fatwhiteboy said:
The M24 was about $5000.00 new for the rifle...

I really find that hard to beleive when the US Gov paid $8,914,609 for just 1212 M24 Rifles with Bipods (not complete weapons systems ie: hard cases ect) for the Afganistan Government, thats $7355.29 each!!!

wwd88888

The great surplus firesale starts now...

I think two things could happen given they are hollowing out the military, I think we might a see flood of gear hitting the market over the next year or two, or maybe the opposite...funding for boutique weapons and M4 replacements is going to vanish and they may need to keep worn out gear running for the next decade.

johnbt

I don't get it. You get a new Remington receiver and barrel and a bunch of genuine surplus used parts, right? How is that a military surplus M24? The answer is, it's not.

It's like the old joke about the guy who owned George Washington's ax. The handle had been replaced four times and the head three, but it was the original ax that cut down the cherry tree.

blacksky

It's for a good cause if the proceeds are going to the Fisher House.

Buy a few tickets! Why? It's for a good cause if the proceeds are going to the Fisher House. :D