M1A wood stock differences?

I looked into a new M1A with a wood stock and was surprised at the bulkiness of the stock even in the 'loaded' and 'scout' configurations. Up to now my rifles had synthetic stocks which were much narrower and lighter. I'd like wood, but that 4x4 blocky feeling was a turn-off. Maybe it's good for National Match stuff, but not what I had in mind. Then I spotted a GunsAmerica ad which was listing their rifle had the "heavy wood" stock. Is there more than one standard wood stock available and all I have seen is the big ones? If so, this is new info to me after many years.

Thanks.

Great resource for owners or prospective owners:
www.fredsm14stocks.com

Happy New Year

BTW-There is a slimmer synthetic stock out there saw with an Entreprise M-14 reciever. Seems like it would handle pretty top-heavy. M1A's are just substantial rifles (at 6', 185 lb. way too big to be comfortable for me, maybe spoiled by light AR's and Mini 14's)

tINY

Get a GI stock from Fred. And read the essay he sends with it.

The new walnut stocks from SA are oversized.

-tINY

T. O'Heir

"...'loaded' and 'scout'..." Same stock. Different rifle. Sort of. The 'scout' is a marketing thing. Loaded is bedding mostly.
Where do you find the wood 'bulky'? Fix it to suit yourself. Even long dollar rifles need a bit of customizing.
Long ago, when I bought my Plainfield carbine, I found the grip area to be too big for my hand. Took out the stock swell with a wood rasp and it's just dandy now.