M1A Scope Mount

Dog Confetti

Do 3-point scope mounts require an additional hole to be tapped into the side of the M1A reciever?

What is a good, solid 3-point mount? I've heard people hating on the Springfield mounts...

str8shuter

The 3 point mounts do not require another hole in the receiver, they attach at the stripper clip guide (guide is removed from receiver) and at the hole in the receiver for the mount and they have a tension screw that tightens over the top of the receiver, Smith Enterprises was having a sale on them at the begining of the month, they are the best deal going right now, 125.00 for a quality steel mount. Just my 2c.
Jim

ConRich

I just puchased a 3 point steel mount from Sadlak Industries, it is rock solid and the personal service that I recieved from Mike Sadlak puts him at the top of my list. I strongly recomend that you check out his web site for complete instructions on the problems that you might encounter with the instalation of a scope mount on a M1A rifle. www.sadlak.com

Rich

Gewehr98

Since Brookfield Precision is no longer offering their mount...

I'll throw the ARMS #18 in as one of the most solid, and lowest-to-the-bore-axis, M1A/M14 scope mounts. The fact that they're being used currently on the M14 rifle by our guys in harm's way is something of an endorsement, too.

Here's a view of my M14NM and ARMS #18 mount:

ARMS18M14NM.sized.jpg

bgoldhunter

I've heard very good things about that mount, but have not had the opportunity to try one out.

Maybe I'll have to if I put optics on my new one...