M1895 Nagant Revolver

P99AS9

I'm thinking about getting a M1985 Nagant Russian revolver from AIM surplus because they're so cheap. Are these revolvers reliable and accurate? And also, are the 1895's DA or SA revolvers?

David the Gnome

I have never shot mine. I've seen ammunition for it a couple times at shows but I've never felt interested enough in shooting it to pay what the ammo costs. I keep it around more as a historical piece than a real shooter. :)

Dave85

GET IT!

Mine is reliable and surprisingly accurate; at least with 7.62 Nagant ammo. I have never shot any of the .32s in it, so I couldn't tell you about accuracy with those. They were made in double and single action versions. The story goes that the double action was for officers, and the single action was for non-coms, but this lore may very well be apocryphal. All the ones I've seen offered up are double action, which I believe were made in higher numbers (I don't think any single actions were made after WWI, but I'm no where near sure of this). At this point I would like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to post a picture of my baby (1941 Tula):
Nagant1.jpg

Wildalaska

I have more cheap, useless historical artifacts than you do, nyah nyah :)

WildcallmeivanAlaska ™

attachment.php

I must be nuts

Attachments

• N1.jpg
    N1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 333

The Great Mahoo

I'd like to get one, but haven't seen any around here in a long time. I will keep my eye out for one at the next gun show, but I guess I should just order one online. Now where did I put those C&R FFL papers?

As a side note, I would recommend looking into the 32ACP cylinder if you plan on shooting. The ammo here sells for over $50 a box!