M14 owners

Dirty_Harry

I just bought a full size M14, with the synthetic stock (i like the synthetic better than the wood) and I was wondering what kind of optics to put on it. (I want zoom capability) I was wondering what you guys have on yours.

Glennster

I'm waiting for my mount to arrive (Springfield), I'm going to put a 3x - 12x by 40mm Leupold on my M1A. I like the wood!

BobR

Mine came with a Israeli 10x Nimrod scope and single point mount. I have a smith enterprise mount laying around here somewhere. Some day I will get it mounted and put something in the range of 4-12x50(or 40) on it.

bob

tINY

Except with the skinniest of scopes and the lowest mounts. the scope ends up way too high for a good cheek weld.

Get the Swan mount and stick to scopes with less than a 40mm obj and maybe you can get by without buying a new stock. The lace-on cheek pads only go so high.....

-tINY

Last edited:

NwG

I just mounted a US Optics ST-10 on my M1A.. I used the Sadlak mount and US Optics extral low rings...The objective is only 37mm..

I still needed to add a 1.5" cheek rest to get an ok weld.. This will have to do until the JAE-100 shows up at the door :)

As far as the optics go... DO NOT buy a cheap mount or optics..

For the mount I would go with one of the big three... SEI, Sadlak, ARMS.. (I have the Sadlak and it is rock solid!)

For the optics I would also go with a big name (quality)
Leupold, Nightforce, US Optics... Tho the Super Sniper is a great scope you won't get the adjustable zoom...

shooter_john

I just got a SA scout mount for my Polytech M14, and I am currently trying to find the "right" pistol/ EER scope to put on it. I really like the looks of the scout setup, now I've just got to see if I like shooting it. The rifle alone (with no optics) was an instant favorite for me no doubt!!!

tINY

Anything you like with less than a 37mm objective. Something like the 2-7x33 would ber about right.

-tINY