M14/M1A Magazine Question

Miami_JBT

I just purchased a Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad and looking at getting some additional 20rd mags.

44Mag.Com has genuine CMI (Check Mate Industries) 20rd mags. Those are contract overruns for the US Military. They are selling them for $27.00 each. From what I have researched; CMI or Springfield Armory Mags are the way to go and I believe that CMI makes the mags for Springfield anyway.

Sports Mans Guide has a bunch of different mags and does not give a a good photo nor any info on who made the mags. They right now have a 20rd mag for sale at $14.00 a pop. So far there are two pages of good reviews on Sports Mans Guide website. Of course I have no way in knowing if they are true or not. Just wondering if anyone knows about these mags and if they're worth it. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=148200

alloy

Considering the Checkmate mags ship free, and are essentially the modern real deal, the value is hard to beat.

geetarman

++++++++++++1 with Checkmate.

I have 8 of them for my M1A and they work great. I bought some mags from CTD that were "allegedly" made by Winchester. They were not and they did not work until the oversize width at the rear of the mags was reduced. CMI is the way to go.

Geetarman:D

HankC1

Norinco and Poly Tech mags are also excellent.

How to identify Norinco/Polytech mags? How about Korean mag quality? People also give Taiwan T57 mags good reviews. How to identify T57 mags?