M1 Garand parts value

Bosshoff

If some of you saw my other thread, you know my brother just got two (2) reweld M1 Garands. Now the question becomes what to do with them? CMP has barrelled receievrs for $100-225. My question is this, what are ALL of the parts of a standard USGI M1 Garand (less the barrel and receiver) worth? If you had to put together every last nut, screw, bolt and gas plug, what would this cost? My brother has no money, so I think I will flip for the receivers, and I want to work out something fair, so he doesn't fell like a charity case.

Bosshoff

Ogree, thanks for the reply. Only problem I see is that this is like going to the parts counter at a Ford dealership, and asking for a new Mustang, less the powertrain. I have not added it all up, but think pricing it out this way will give me a huge number. I can't believe no one else has done this, and has an idea of some real world costs. Thanks.

ogree

I just took a look at sarco's shotgun news ad pages 66-71 (02-10-09) and they have M-1 Garand kits in there $350 (order #GRD192), Hand Select Kits $400.
They list these kits as everything except the barrel & receiver.

You can download the add off their website to take a look at.
http://www.sarcoinc.com/

These are the only parts kits I have stumbled across in quite a while, the surplus of parts sets seems to have dried up a couple of years ago.