M&P9c or SR9c?

Roland Thunder

I haven't owned either of these guns but I have owned a Ruger SR9 and an M&P45c. I would probably choose the M&P 9c but it would be a tough call

cetanner

I test fired the M&P9C, SR9C, Glock 26and Springfield XDM9C at the range on several occasions before I purchased my SR9C. Both seemed accurate, but the SR9C felt more comfortable in my small hands. I use my SR9C for CC and have fired over 1200 rounds through the weapon. I have never had a failure of any kind (knock on wood). I highly recommend it. Before you buy either go to your local range and try them. What works for someone else may not be what is best for you.

THORN74

I just got to fire my m&p9c for the first time Saturday. I love it .... very little felt recoil, I was expecting more from a gin its size, even with 9mm..... I would highly recommend the m&p c

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Justice06RR

I'm biased towards the M&P's since I owned a M&P9 and M&P40, but the SR9(c) is a great pistol too. The only thing to consider with the SR9 is that it has a magazine disconnect.

On the plus side, you have the option of a stainless silver or black slide with the SR9. I happen to think the stainless silver slide on the SR9 looks very nice.

You really can't go wrong with either pistol. Just choose which one you like better, and which one fits your hand the best.

stantheman1976

I can only speak for the SR9c personally. I love mine. It fits very well in a normal sized hand like mine. The extension on the 10 round magazine gives a nice comfortable grip. The trigger is not too hard and not too soft. Recoil is not bad at all. Overall it's a very pleasant gun to shoot and very reliable. Size wise it fits perfectly in the not too big, not too small category. It is small enough that it can be easily concealed with just about any clothing type and big enough that you can tell you're holding a real gun.

If I could afford it right now I'd love to try the S&W. I doubt you'd be extremely dissatisfied with either to be honest.

skoro

I've owned the M&P9c for over 4 years now. It's a superb compact 9mm with very good capacity (12+1) and excellent ergonomics. I enthusiastically recommend it.

I'm sure the Ruger is a fine weapon too, but I have no experience with it.

Fargazer

Close call, but SR9c for the trigger. If they put the M&P Shield style trigger on the other M&P pistols, then a true tossup.

wbw

I test drove an SR9c and liked it a lot. I'm now in the process of purchasing one. I'm in the middle of Maryland's seven day waiting period :(

The M&P felt better in my hand ( I did not test drive it) but I think the SR9c will be easier for me to conceal. I like the trigger on the Ruger also.

testuser

I chose the M&P, but I'm partial to S&W. The S&W trigger pull is longer, but I think it adds a reasonable margin of safety without hindering accuracy. Afermarket modifications are, however, available from: www.apextactical.com

One thing about the SR9 is the safety. A safety on a Glock style trigger just doesn't make much sense. If I wanted a carry pistol with a safety (I don't, but if I did), then I'd want something with a light single action trigger. If I'm not going to engage the safety, then I don't want it there, since there's a chance it might be engaged when I'm not expecting it.

SoleShtr

I own both and enjoy shooting them. Like others have said, the SR9c wins in regard to the trigger. Sweet, sweet trigger and therefore shoots really well. I like the M&P because it feels better in my hand, has no manual safety and holds 2 additional rounds. If the M&P had the SR9c trigger, it would be hands down the M&P. But as they are I can make the case for either.

zincwarrior

I like the Ruger. However I won't buy a perfectly good pistol with a 10 round limited magazine. The M&P has a 12 round magazine IIRC with a shorter height overall. Your jurisidiction however, may limit the magazine since and void this as an issue.