M&P trigger enhancement

Mastrogiacomo

Looking at trigger kits for the M&P Compact 2.0 and I'm confused about the difference or what makes one better from the other. Can anyone shed some light?

What's the difference between the Polymer Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kit for M&P M2.0 vs the Action Enhancement Trigger Kit for M&P M2.0? Do either improve the trigger?

Laura

RUT

They both do exactly the same job, but the polymer offering is far less expensive. I've had both and see no difference in performance. Some say they like the "feel" of the metal one better, but I guess I'm just not that discerning. :)

TunnelRat

I would read the descriptions of the kits on the Apex Tactical website. They do not do the same thing. The forward set sear kit is a different resulting product.

HiBC

In my experience,my M+P 9 C came with aprox 9 lb trigger pull out of the box.

I have been advised (and I believe) the pull will improve as it wears in.

But I put in an Apex Duty and Carry kit with the aluminum trigger.

Nice pull.

Some of the SD Gurus advise we keep our SD guns unmodified.

That will open endless debate.

I'll probably pay to have a receipt / work order from a pro gunsmith to re-install the original S+W parts.

throttleup

I have two, full size, 9mm, S&W M&P 2.0's. The first one was just a standard model with the usual, not very good, factory S&W trigger. Since I use it for USPSA and IDPA competition, I replaced it with an Apex trigger kit. So much better, 3.5 pounds and fairly clean break.

The second M&P I got from S&W's Competition shop about a year later. That trigger was absolutely awful! Whoever let that gun out of the shop should have been fired. I contemplated sending it back with a nastygram but figured I'd still get a sub par trigger so I decided to just replace it with a Timney trigger kit. The Timney was actually a little quicker and easier to install than the Apex. This is a great feeling trigger, fairly clean break at 3 pounds exactly. After two year's use, I really can't tell the two guns apart, both feel very good.

These are the triggers all M&P's should ship with!

jetinteriorguy

I bought a Gen 1 police turn in years ago and it had a pretty good trigger as is. I installed the plastic version trigger after trying both versions because I liked the feeling better. It felt smoother on my finger where the aluminum trigger had more crisp edges that I didn’t care for.

jmr40

The original M&P's trigger was pretty bad. I have a couple of M&P 45's. A full size and a compact. After installing an Apex trigger the difference is night and day. Both of those guns now shoot as well as any 1911 I've ever owned.

The 2.0 trigger is much better out of the box but won't match the ones with the Apex trigger kit. Things may have changed, but last time I looked there weren't many options for new triggers for the 2.0.