M&P Sights

ShootingNut

I would like to install Fiber Optic sights on my M&P Compact, and was hoping someone might offer some suggestions, as to brand and so forth.
I looked on Truglo, they offer some for the M&P but do not specify if it's only for full sized or the compact series. Waiting to hear back from them.
Also, is this fairly easy for one to do themselves?
Thanks in advance!
SN

chrisr6

Hi viz makes some decent ones. My wife wants me to put one on my M&P 22 since she shoots it more than me. I think most of the M&P sights are dovetail so install shouldn't be to difficult if you are comfortable working on guns.

ShootingNut

thanks, I will look at HiViz also.
Yes I feel that I can do the install, always looking for
any tips from those that have already made the install.
Probably a Youtube video on it, haven't checked.
I have night sights on it now, and for range or daytime use they are
not as good as a 3 Dot White sight for my eyes.
Regards,
SN

Ibmikey

I put a fiber optic front on my MP .22 which I have found to be sturdy and a tremendous difference in finding the front sight. As they are dovetailed it seems the compact and full size would interchange but height may be an issue on the center fire guns.

ShootingNut

I also wondered about the height change. Maybe if buying
both front/rear they have "engineered" the sight change vs.
stock sights?
Then again, I find with my various guns and sights, you learn how
to adjust your own eyesight to fit each fixed gun/sight.

ClydeFrog

sights; M&P custom work, David Bowie....

I'm not a fan of fiber optic gun sights.
They seem unstable & prone to damage/breaking on a carry or duty pistol.
:rolleyes:
I would look at the highly rated steel Trijicon HD line(green/orange) or the Operator night sights for the M&P models from pistolsmith & SWAT cop: David Bowie.
www.bowietacticalconcepts.com
Bowie is well known for S&W Military and Police pistols. He works on Glocks & XDs too.
The XS night sights(BIG DOT) is popular. It's bright & offers a good sight picture.

Clyde

Ralph Allen

To late now, but check out Viking Tactical. Kyle Lamb put his sights on an M&P full size. Fibre optic over night sights. What I'm wearing right now. I like them!
Ralph