M&P Shield EZ .380 2.0

Ibmikey

Wow what a title for a little .380 pistol but seriously I recently purchased one of these gems and after a couple of rounds ( further testing to follow) I found : the pistol is not “little” being the same size as my Compact .22 M&P or Beretta 84. It is EZ in every area of operation...racking the slide is incredibly easy...take down and reassembly also....recoil is akin to a .32 auto or almost not there...grip is long enough for a good hold....sights are great with white dots...grip safety seems to go on automatically at least it was not a conscious effort....trigger is crisp once you get through the 18 feet of free travel...mine shot to point of aim at ten yards.
I do not intend the pistol for CC as I already=this will make a beautiful house gun and with a light slung underneath that is exactly what mine will be used for.

JMag1

M&P Shield EZ .380 2.0

There is a safety notice (recall?) of this pistol line as to the safety. Details at S&W website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmw1954

As I understand it the safety recall only applies to those models with the external thumb safety.

I do believe this is next on my to buy list.

Ibmikey

Correct, the recall on the safety models which I did not want anyway covers early pistols having the safety move to the on position while firing. Current issue has the problem corrected as I understand it, anyway has no bearing on the pistol I am firing and still enjoying. Thursday I will pick up a different pistol altogether and compare the 7.65 mm recoil to the S&W EZ just for giggles.:)