M&P is really catching on...

Jermtheory

i know im probably coming across like a real "kool-aid drinker" lately...just trying to spread the good news.

i think this could be the next big religion,im just a prophet(yeah,thats it).:D

seriously,its not perfect...but i think it may have as much of a claim to the title as some others(to remain unanmed).

330 police departments now using the M&P,from what ive heard thats up over 3X from a year and a half ago.ive seen several LEO carrying them lately(Colombus OH was the most recent).

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2008/05/21/smith-and-wesson-mp-pistols-adopted-by-more-than-330-police-departments-latest-worcester-mass-pd-in-45-acp/

IanS

If it takes up some of the slack from all those emotionally charged Glock threads thats a good thing. Keep pushing that Kool-Aid.

Jermtheory

i may be guilty of the latter to some extent(recently anyway)...but definately not the former.

If it takes up some of the slack from all those emotionally charged Glock threads thats a good thing.

that would take an act of Gast...uh...God.

Glockeroo

It's good to see the M&P getting a following. I've been following Glock for 6 years, and I truly believe Gaston sees everything his children do 24hrs a day/365 days a year.

Jermtheory

Glock has been my first choice in a CCW for a decade~.

...now its a close second.;)

do i get a lump of coal this year?

Its nice to see that someone likes it. I was starting to feel sorry for the poor thing. Kinda like the ugly cousin that never gets a date. :D Just kidding, drink it up M&P fanatics.

vox rationis

You guys are all crazy...everyone knows that the Jennings 22 is the best carry pistol in the world...

I mean look at these clean lines...

images

But, it is really refreshing to see the beginnings of a different cult other than of the 1911, Glock and HK, and of course the Jennings :D

IanS

But, it is really refreshing to see the beginnings of a different cult other than of the 1911, Glock and HK, and of course the Jennings

That's all I was trying to say.

Except here in CA Hi-Point owners walk around here with a bit of swagger. I say its time to take them down a notch.

We really should press the issue about that high bore axis.
Hi-Point20C9.jpg

vox rationis

hat's all I was trying to say.

Except here in CA Hi-Point owners walk around here with a bit of swagger. I say its time to take them down a notch.

We really need to press the issue about that high bore axis.

Haha! that's great!

Although, I think I've seen the light. A hi point as main carry with 3 or 4 J-22's as "reloads".

Actually an M&P .45 compact might float my boat. Are those out yet?

gordo_gun_guy

current Jennings owner, future M&P owner....

everyone knows that the Jennings 22 is the best carry pistol in the world...

I bought one way back when, just to spite Al Gore and his attack on the "Ring of Fire" Cali gun makers.:D Surprised to say, it shoots just dandy for a chunk of pot metal and plastic. It's only reliable with standard velocity ammo, and the little orange cocking indicator has long since departed the plastic firing pin under recoil, but it'll shoot all six into six inches at 25 yds--provided the ambient lighting doesn't glare too much on the shiny chrome cast-into-the-slide sights.:eek:

I just bought the M&P 340 J-frame; now I'm after a full size 40, a compact 40, and maybe a full size 9 to be my next IDPA gun.

They were popular at the Miculek IDPA club two years ago; my interest was picqued, but I bought some other pieces first....

I have the oportunity to get one with or without the mag safety--any thoughts?

Jermtheory

I have the oportunity to get one with or without the mag safety--any thoughts?

i can see its potential usefullness,but i'd probably pass on it myself(again).imo it seems just as likely to be a problem,as a solution to anything.

fastbolt

In the MAY 2008 Investor Presentation S&W announced that their M&P pistol line has won over 80% of the contracts in which the M&P pistols have been considered.

That's fairly decent for a new design which was only released in JANUARY 2006.

Having tried Glock, HK & SW99 polymer pistols chambered in .45 ACP over the last several years, when it came time that I was finally interested in adding a polymer .45 to my existing collection of 8 metal-framed .45 pistols, I chose a M&P 45 (recent production).

I've been pleased with it so far.

I suspect S&W will do well with the M&P pistol line.

Not a bad option.

KyJim

I have two M&P in 9mm. Does anybody know if the .45 fits in the same holster or is the slide too thick?