M&P 9 Shield EZ

Hawg

Who has one? Are there any cons to them? I have watched several videos on them and they are all positive. My wife wanted one so we put it on layaway so we don't have it in hand yet. I can't believe a fugly little plastic 9 MM can be so perfect.:D:D:D

Sharkbite

I bought the wife one for her last birthday. She has shot it and ive loaned it out during classes. Everybody LOVES the little gun.

I would rather it didnt have the silly grip safety, but i understand the need being a single action design. It works fine, just not real pleasing to the eye.

Hawg

I bought the wife one for her last birthday. She has shot it and ive loaned it out during classes. Everybody LOVES the little gun.

I would rather it didnt have the silly grip safety, but i understand the need being a single action design. It works fine, just not real pleasing to the eye.

That's good to know. I handled it some in the shop and maybe because I'm used to a 1911 the grip safety wasn't an issue at all. It didn't seem to be an issue for her either. I think the selling point for her was how easy the slide is to rack. She has weak wrists and had no trouble with the slide. We looked at a few others and it was all she could do to rack the slides.

Excoastie

I bought one a couple of months ago. I love it!

I previously had a Shield 1.0, and after close to 5000 rounds through it, I never had a problem that wasn't because of me. Due to carpel tunnel, I was having issues racking the slide, otherwise no issue.

I purchased the EZ to replace it, and after about 600 rounds, I have had no issues. It incorporated everything good about the Sheild 2.0 along with what was learned in the .380 EZ to make a nice little gun. Granted, it's not the prettiest, but it does the job.

Exco

AzShooter

I haven't found any con's to the EZ 9. I really like mine and carry it with two magazines. Surprisingly there is little recoil from the gun and it is easy to rack the slide ( I problem I've had with a number of autos.)

Hawg

Get her what SHE wants.

Most definitely within a price point anyway. I didn't try to sway her one way or another. She has had carpal tunnel surgery and has weak wrists. This is the only one besides the .380 EZ that was easy for her to rack the slide on. She can rack all of them but she has a hard time doing it. It has a pretty decent trigger and the tabs on the mag follower are icing on the cake.