M & P .40

Consort

Bud's has some never fired M & P .40 calliber police trades for what seems like a decent price. I've been contemplating stepping into that caliber platform. I'm an admiited Glock fanboy, but i can grab one of these for more than $ 100.00 less. What are your thoughts? The deal includes night sights & three 15 rd magazines.

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

I picked up one of the USED ones they had about a year ago. A small amount of holster wear on the high spots of the slide but that was it. The frame was in great condition. The night sights were a little dim. The magazine springs were pretty worn out, but I replaced all 3 for cheap. Of course I put the Apex Tactical trigger in it and it was flawless.

Uncle Malice

I'm sure they are. I'm just saying the batch the had last year were definitely used, but still in great condition. If they're unissued, then I'm sure they are indeed in perfect shape. If you like 40, no reason not to get one. It's a great platform for the caliber.

dyl

I would totally do that deal if I weren't more into 9mm at this point... And if I didn't have enough gun projects to keep me buys. But I do (for now)

I've had a M&P40c that's great and always wondered how different the full size M&P feels.
Some great third party aftermarket parts at Apex Tactical.
Also some factory parts available (last I checked) at G&R Tactical but they have funny minimum purchase requirements. You probably wouldn't need all the doodads feel they need.

I think Trijicon will replace nite site lamps inside for cheap, just need to send the slide in.