M/D Enterprise Holsters?

Onslaught

I've been looking for SOME TIME for the best holster for me personally. To do the research, I buy lots of different "inexpensive" holsters of different styles, and see what's most comfortable. when I find what I like best, then I go looking for a higher quality one...

Here's what I've found out so far...

I HATE IWB.
I THINK I like SOB, but I'm not positive. I also can't find one for my pistol. (Kahr P9)
The most comfortable is the pancake slide, but it's too low, so I can't reach for my wallet or reach over my head without exposing the bottom of the holster.

I'm looking at this one...
bs-2.gif

from M/D Enterprise. Anyone have experience with these? How about any other holsters that fit the above criteria?

Fred

Onslaught,

From the picture that looks like an older version of Mark's BS-2 holster. I have Mark's BS-2 (newer version) for a mini-Glock. It's a very well made holster that rides higher than most. I would recommend it based on my experience with it. By the way, if you don't already know, I think his new web site address is http://www.customholsters.com . Hope this helps you.

Mike in VA

I have a BS-2 for my SIG 228, a BS-1 for my Kimber Compact (with belt & mag carriers), and a pocket holster for my Tomcat from M/D Enterprises. All have held up well and are comfortable. They're well made, Mark is a pleasure to deal with. HTH, M2

Jeff OTMG

I too am a BS-2 lover. I have one for my Glock 27, of course it could do quadruple duty to carry the 22, 23, and 24 if needed. I have one for a S&W N-Frame for the same reason.

RHarris

You had to wait till 21 to buy a handgun? The anti-gun freeks keep telling me any twelve-year-old can buy one anywhere no-questions-asked. I think Al Gore made a similar claim too. They wouldn't lie would they?

M1911

Onslaught: Have you tried a good quality IWB holster? I have one not-inexpensive IWB holster from Wilsons that I hate. But I've got several from Rusty Sherrick that I really like:

http://www.c-rusty.com

For an outside-the-belt holster, Check out Rusty's high-rise holster, that might work for you.

I also have a tuckable IWB holster from Milt Sparks, called the VersaMax2. I use that for my MK9 from time to time. The advantage of the tuckable holster is that you don't need a cover garment. Downsides are that it's more cumbersome to put on and off, and I find it to be not as comfortable as Rusty Sherrick's IWB holsters:

http://www.miltsparks.com

Milt Sparks also has a longer turn-around time than Rusty and costs more as well.

That said, if you still want to get an outside the belt holster, that's fine too. However, I strongly recommend against an SOB holster. This is what Mr. Kanaly (sp?), the owner of Milt Sparks, has to say on his web site about SOB holsters:

-----------------------------------------------------
We personally believe small of the back carry to be potentially hazardous to the user, and for that reason we will not manufacture or modify a holster for use in the small of the back. Besides the obvious potential for spinal injury if you should fall on your gun, there are other disadvantages to consider. If you spend any time sitting during the course of a day, you will find that having a large chunk of metal situated in the middle of your back to be quite uncomfortable. Bending or stooping can cause the gun to print more readily then when the weapon is worn closer to the strong side. Economy of motion when drawing your weapon (important both for speed of presentation and the element of surprise) is seriously compromised when drawing from the small of the back. Finally, a weapon worn in the small of the back is near impossible to protect in the event of an attempted snatch.
--------------------------------------------------------

I know a chiropractor here in MA who has two clients who carried in SOB holsters and fell on them. She says that both have had chronic pain for years.

Regarding Mark's BS/2 holster, I have a couple of them. They're decent holsters and Mark is a pleasure to do business with. I do prefer Rusty Sherrick's work, but Mark makes fine holsters.

M1911

Kentucky Rifle

Onslaught

I own two of M/D's holsters and two of his belts. One of the holsters is a BS-2, like you have pictured. I like it very much! You would be hard pressed to find a better guy to deal with than MarkTHG
(THG=The Holster Guy) I have been perfectly satisfied with every product that I've gotten from M/D.

Kentucky Rifle

JMack

I have Marks BS-2 holster for my G23/27 and it is pretty much my favorite belt slide to date. For IWB,, Sidearmor is hard to beat.

Jason

Onslaught

Much thanks for all your input...

I will be calling Mark THG, and I may look at IWB from a higher quality perspective...

Thanks again

Onslaught

Zak Smith

Better late than never..

I also have the M/D BS-2, which I use for my Glock 27 and 19. I prefer it to my Sidearmor IWB (kydex) when I am wearing enough to conceal an OWB.

-z

Edit: Oh, I also have M/D's 1.5" belt, which is my favorite "heavy-duty" belt.