M-1 Carbine 30-round magazines

Murdock

I have been using G.I. 15-round magazines for years, because all of the after market ones I have found have been garbage. :barf:

The G.I magazines have worked well, but because everybody needs to let it all hang out once in a while I would like to find 30-round magazines that work. I know that the G.I. 30-rounders have a better reputation than the after market ones, but they have been hard to locate.

Does anyone know of good, 30-round carbine magazines currently being manufactured? Thanks.

jrothWA

No real good source that I know..

just make sure you get the mag catch with the small projection on the left side, it mates with the slot in the mag body to support the full mag.

w748

Agree with the " There are none" comment! I would try the M2 mag catch if I could find one.

mnw42

If you are going to use the 30 rd. mags you will need the M2 mag catch. The release has an arm the hooks onto a lug on the side of the magazine. I've seen the 30 rd. mags drop out when firing using a M1 catch.

The CMP has a lengthy article on those magazines. I don't have it handy, but I sure it isn't too hard to find.