Lyman trigger gauge ?

rebs

will the Lyman digital trigger gauge measure both stages of a two stage trigger independently ?

rock185

Just being careful, I have been able to measure both stages of the SIG P210's two stage trigger with the Lyman digital gauge.

rock185

rebs, I am tardy responding, but using the gauge on my SIG P210s for instance, I apply pressure slowly. At the end of the first stage, a slight hitch/shelf will be felt, and can be measured at that point. Adding pressure till the trigger breaks gives the total. For instance, on my 210s, the first stage averages 2.5#, then about a pound more pressure for a total of ~3.5# indicated on the gauge will allow the hammer to drop.

rebs

rock185 Thank you for the help, I appreciate it. I did it like you said and it worked perfectly. On my Colt match competition AR I installed a Geissele trigger and it measured 1.5 for the first stage and 1.0 on the second stage for a 2.5 total. This is a target rifle only

RC20

I think what counts is the stage that breaks the sear.

So unless it read 2.5 when it breaks, its a 1 lb trigger.

No issues with hat for target, lighter the better in my view.

The test is a hard bolt closure does not trigger off a round.

While I have not encountered it, I don't care if the safety works or not.

I single load and never use the safety for target shooting.

Probably standard, you have to have an open bolt and empty mag for a cold range call.