Lunch time purchase.

iblong

Stoped at my LGS today at lunch,Picked up a Spingfield 1911 range officer.
Looks and feels like a pretty nice pistol,slide to frame fit is very tight and well fitted.This is my first adj.sight 1911 so Ill have to see if the stay or go.
I have not seen much for reviews on this model so I hope it runs out well.
Cant wait to shoot it.
Bob.

tjhands

Good deal, bro! :)

I like adjustable sights on 1911s because even powderpuff handloads can be dialed in so I'm drilling the X without having to use Kentucky Windage.

iblong

Sorry but the pics will have to wait untill latter this week as I droped it off a my friend the smith.Im hopeing to drop the trigger to about 3.5 lbs,I'd say its
about 5 right now crisp but a little heavy.It was hard to turn it over unfired but I know I wont be happy untill its smoothed up a bit.The only pistol I have with a stock pull is my Kahrs.
Bob.

iblong

Wish I'd seen one for 639.00 I paid 739.00 for mine and thought it was a pretty good price for what it is.It seems if anything a bit better fitted than my Colt XSE, Which cost me more .
It remains to be seen if it shoots as well.

iblong

My smith friend called and said he had the RO done,so I ran over for early lunch went downstairs to the range to give her a spin.
I ran about 120rnds through it,Wad cutters and 230 rn 4 different mags
Wilson,kimber,colt and shooting stars.
All functioned as they should ,accuracy is better than I can shoot. It was dead center and 2" low from the factory(for my eyes) a few clicks and it was cutting the center out at 21' off hand.He got the trigger down to a measured 3-1/4lbs.no failures of any kind with several different ammo seating depths.
The wad cutters that would not run in my XSE ran through like butter.
Love it.
Bob

Oldjarhead

Good gun

Anytime you get a 1911, it's a good day. I think you got a good deal. You say you got it at lunch time. Did you get any fries with it?:D:rolleyes:

Sorry

Sorry for the mistake I saw the black stainless and liked it a lot, I was also looking at the Range Officer and like that also. must have gottn mixed up Now I'll have to get one of each. I have a GI that is my daily carry. and a stainless loaded that I shoot often. I guess you can't have enough 1911s or enough pistols.