Luger -- Value?

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
1911 date. Nothing special as to rarity. NRA 90%, +/-.

All matching numbers. Last three digits of the serial number are on holster and the two magazines. Lacks the little tool.

Horseback guesstimates as to likely value?

rock185

I don't know, but I don't think I could by a 90%, matching numbers, Luger with two matching magazines around these parts, Arizona, for anything like a thousand dollars. I've only owned a couple of mismatched shooter grade Lugers, so I'm not qualified to estimate a value, but I think it's North of $1000.00....ymmv

blchandl2

Try lugerforum.com. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions and take pictures of every inch of the gun. Determining the value of a Luger is a detailed process.

44 AMP

Staff
I can find 2 P.08s that would have a 1911 date on the chamber. One made by DWM and the other by Erfurt. Maker will be on the toggle.

DWM made approx. 13,000 in 1911, Efurt, about 10,000 in 1911

2006 $ value in excellent condition, DWM $1250, Erfurt $1400

Info from Standard catalog of Luger (2006)

No idea what today's market value is.

Hope this helps.

Jim Watson

Simpson thinks a matching gun only of that vintage is worth $1995.
On the one hand, they are a retail outfit and you should not expect to get or give that much on a private deal.
On the other hand, matching magazines are a large bonus and I never even saw a matching numbered holster.

Badgerstate

Id say anywhere from $1000-2000, depending upon the exact condition its in. Ive seen some for sale for less. The local Cabelas has a P08 that is all nicked up for $800 that has been calling my name for a few months now.

damienph

I am certainly no Luger expert but I've owned two. One was a 1941 with holster and two magazines, tool was missing, I sold it about 10 years ago for $2500. I had no idea of value but I was offered that and I took it. The other was a 1937, all matching except grips and magazine. I sold it for $750 to a friend who really wanted it about 6 or 7 years ago.

I cannot imagine that any Luger is worth less than $1200 - $1500, matching numbers or not.

In hindsight, I probably should have kept both but they gave me the money to buy a couple of guns that I really wanted... and still have.