Lucky Shot

jcsturgeon

I went to the range yesterday. For some reason, that I cannot explain, I drank 3 cups of coffee that morning before going. My hands were shaking, I was trying to really concentrate on hitting my target. I did okay, but at one point, the co-worker who invited me there pulled out one of those 25 yard NRA targets for pistols.

I thought, what the hey. I'll put it all the way out at 25 yards and try to get it. So, using my Ruger LC9 and firing Remington UMC 9mm ammo, I did this:

ab0c5513.jpg

Now, I fired 7 times, and there's only two holes. Either I got incredibly lucky... or I got 6 through the same bullseye. :D

Willie Lowman

A few years ago I was shooting with my Mom. She asked me why people on TV hold their guns sideways. I explained that it's because some directors in Hollywood think it looks cool but it's not a practical way to shoot.

To prove this, I raised my P226, held it sideways, pointed it at the 25 yard target and fired one shot. It hit the X ring just like the OP's pic...

I said "You can't believe everything you see on TV, Mom." :eek:

Oysterboy

Heh, now that's a lucky shot. Wanna hear lucky? When the lottery started in Texas a woman wanted to show her kids the evils of gambling. She bought a scratch off ticket and she said gather around children I'm gonna show you you're just throwing your money away. She scratched the ticket and won $10,000.

griz

Now, I fired 7 times, and there's only two holes. Either I got incredibly lucky... or I got 6 through the same bullseye.

You could have put six through the hole at 7:00 oclock with the one through the middle being a flier.:p

vito

Many, many years ago when living in El Paso, Texas I went with a new friend out to the desert north of the city to fire a WWII gun that I had bought that had never been fired. This $25 (I wish I still had it) Enfield .303 British carbine looked fine, but to be cautious I held it at the hip and pointed toward some telephone lines about 400-500 yards downrange. "Middle wire" I yelled out as I fired from the hip. Moments later the middle of three wires neatly parted and fell to the ground. My new friend was so astonished he dropped his gun and exclaimed that he had never seen such a fantastic shot. I should have quit right then and let the legend spread, but I foolishly set up some bottles and cans and did some more shooting, only to prove that I was not such a terrific shot.

Jbar4Ranch

About ten years back, I was riding into town with a neighbor when he sighted a coyote headed across a field toward his place. He picked up a .22 Single Six off the seat, leaned across me, and fired a shot out the window to try and scare it off. (Not only unsafe, but illegal!) Like he's going to be scared of a *pop* from a quarter mile away... Anyway, a couple seconds later, the dog dropped out of sight in a coulee or something... we thought... Coming back from town, we drove out in the field to maybe get another shot at it, and found it dead right where we had originally seen it... with a .22 cal hole in its head. :eek:

PA Hunter37

A few years ago I spotted a Doe about 150 yds out. I pulled up my 6.5x55 swedish, aimed center mass and squeezed. She dropped where she stood. I walked down to retrieve her and found not a single injury on her chest. At first I was scratching my head thinking maybe she just died a heart attack due to old age. :confused: I then noticed her left ear was hanging kind of funny and realized I hit her just under the ear. Later as I was telling my family about this I found out that my younger brother had dropped my rifle the year before and never bothered to tell anyone that the scope might be off. :mad: That's the last time he ever used one of my guns for anything.

Scorch

Years ago when I was working in a gunsmithing shop, we used to take broken scopes and throw them in a box under the bench. One of the "hangers-on" was in the shop one day and saw the box of scopes and wanted to know how much I would charge him for one of them. I told him they were taken off becasue they would not hold zero, but he was adamant about it, so I told him I would mount and boresight the scope for him if he wanted one that bad. He dug around in the box and came up with a Bushnell Scopechief 3-9X. I tried to talk him out of it, but that's what he wanted, so I mounted it in the Weaver rings he had. Several months later, he walks into the shop with a big grin on his face and asks us to come look at the buck he shot. Right through the neck at 150ish yards, on the run. I asked him how the rifle grouped, and he said he didn't know, that I had sighted it in for him (boresighted). All I can say is that was the unluckiest deer in the world. Sometime between that season and the next, he took the rifle to the range, and the scope had mysteriously "gone bad".

ET

Best Shot

When i was about thirteen i had an old .22 rifle that a friend of my dads had left with us when he went in the army. I hit a cigarette filter out of one of those long cigarette holders that i stuck up in a fence post at about 250 ft. Had to be an accident but today i am still the champ on the bayou.lol

cheezhed

Once when I was a teenager there was a cat that was killing birds on my grandfathers property so one day my grandfather spotted it and sneaked up on it while it was facing away from him. He shot it with a .22 and it dropped dead on the spot but we could never find the bullet hole.

30-30remchester

I believe the gunwrighter Jack O'Connor described your shot in one of his books. The quote says "Your wiggles compinsated for your wobbles".

buck460XVR

I dunno. The hole on the bottom left looks like a bullet hole. The hole in the bull looks like it was made by a pointy stick.:D