Lucky day, new acquistion, 3" M13

RON in PA

Saturday I had my tires rotated and balanced, they were vibrating at high speed and preventing me from exceeding the speed limit. Went out on the PA turnpike to test them, they are fine now, even at 75. Instead of going one exit , I decided to use the occasion as an excuse to visit my favorite purveyor of firearms and went three exits. So I go into the store and what do I see but two S&W boxes, vintage early 1990's. Resting on each is an apparently new Model 13, a 4" and a 3". No I didn't buy both as I already have a four inch, but the 3" with the round butt is now residing in my collection.

The gun, based on its serial number was made in 1990 and came with the box and all papers including the brown anti-rust paper Smiths are/were rapped in. The revolver appears to have been unfired, the story being that it is a just surplused, unissued gun from the Nag's Head, NC police armory. If there is one Smith that I wanted for my collection it's a 3" M13 and to find a used one in this condition is amazing.

Blue Duck357

Seems like the 3" 13 would be one of the more common models to run across being such a nice gun and even the FBI's choice for awhile, but for some reason they are SCARCE! I've never seen one in a shop around here and only one in the last 4 gunshows I've been to.

Hold onto that little sucker ;)

Brian Williams

Where abouts was this favorite establishment of yours. I deliver Medical rental equipment all over eastern pa and I like to visit gun shops during lunch or any other time

OBTW nice find what are the particulars price and pics

RON in PA

Perfeesr:

Surplus City on Bustleton Pike in Feasterville about one mile south of Street Road. You never know what you'll find there. Gun cost me $290. out the door. Sorry no pictures or ability to make same.

Erich

Congrats - they're handy guns. There's just something about a nice, simple, well-made revolver, isn't there?