Luckiest kid

smitty21

This is taken from my hometown newspaper, The Morning Call.

Shot shatters window, hitting boy’s hat brim

December 5, 2001

BLAIRSTOWN TOWNSHIP Warren County

A gunshot shattered the window of a sport utility vehicle Tuesday morning in rural Warren County, striking the brim of a 2-year-old boy’s hat and nearly hitting his 15-month-old sister.
Officials said the little girl was cut by flying glass but was not seriously injured.

The apparent hunting incident is the second one in the past week in the region.

In Bushkill Township late Saturday afternoon, a man was struck in the neck by a bullet as he sat in a pizzeria on Route 512. Bushkill police believe the man was hit by a hunter’s stray bullet.

The Bushkill victim, 52-year-old John Calvert of Saylorsburg, was released from Lehigh Valley Hospital in Salisbury Township on Sunday.

Tuesday was the second day of a one-week shotgun season for deer in New Jersey, and the Warren County prosecutor’s office said deer hunting was permitted in the area where the incident occurred. Rifled slugs or buckshot are allowed.

Officials said Jenna Tironi of Knowlton Township, Warren County, was driving on Mount Herman Road, near Dean Road, in Blairstown Township when her vehicle was hit about 8:44 a.m.

Investigators said the projectile broke the window on the rear driver’s side door, crossed in front of the car seat occupied by Alexa Tironi and struck the brim of a hat worn by her 2-year-old brother, Jack.

The projectile, not identified by authorities, hit the rear window on the passenger side of the vehicle but did not break the window and was recovered.

Officials said Alexa Tironi was taken to Newton Hospital, where she was treated for a small cut on her head and released.

The Warren County investigation is being conducted by the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife, the Blairstown Township Police Department, the Warren County prosecutor’s office and the New Jersey State Police.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I have zero interest in punishing the many for the sins of a few, but there are times when I get just really grumpy about some of the clowns out there who think that possession of something equates to knowledge and skill in its use.

Shifting emphasis: Owning a gun is a Right. Is hunting a privilege, or also a Right? (If a Right, show me where it says so in the Constitution or BOR.)

If a privilege, should there be or not be some sort of testing in the process of getting a license?

:), Art