lube

daleo8803

ok i was given a lee mold for .358 158 grain SWC. it is a tumble lube style boolit. is there a way to make a liquid bullet lube or do have to buy some?? can case lube be used in the place of a bullet lube?? thanks

dale

QBall45

Case lube? I've not heard of that before.

I use Lee liquid alox. About $3 for a small bottle. A little goes a long way.

I've heard of guys making their own lube, but I'm not sure how they do it.

There are lots of lube recipes, but they are usually in stick form and assume you bought a lubricator/sizer to final size the bullets and apply the lube. An alternative to Lee Liquid Alox is White Label Xlox. It's actually exactly the same thing from the same industrial source, but White Label sells larger quantities for less ($10 a quart).

trip_sticker

If you have a friend or contact on active duty in the military in any mechanic position, see if they can grab you some Amalguard, Grade 4. It is the exact same thing as ALOX, comes in a silver 1 qt can and is everywhere in the service. They use it for corrosion protection on aluminum parts.

GP100man

TL

johnson paste wax will give good results on a TL bullet if pushed to 1,000 fps or slower .

warm the bullets toss in container teaspoon of jpw .
i then stand em on end on wax paper to let em dry .

Citywaterman

I have the same mold. I use Alox lube. A small bottle for a few bucks. I still have a half a bottle and have casted at least 3000 - 4000 bullets (maybe more). I tumble lube about 200 bullets at a time, size them with a sizing die and tumble lube them once more and let them dry overnight before loading them. Citywaterman

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sizing kit.JPG
    Sizing kit.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited: