Lowes not giving military discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smee78

So I went into Lowes today to pick up some screws, when I went up to the register to check out the cashier pointed to a piece of paper and stated I may want to consider getting a MyLowes card if I wanted to continue to use my military discount starting in January? :eek: I was like well I guess I will have to start going to Home Depot from now on. The last thing I want or need is another credit card, it just really pisses me off that they are doing this, I sure have not seen this on a big sign in front of the store or on any commercials advertising what they are going to do to us.:mad:

FrankenMauser

Their store, their policy.

They are not obligated to give you anything. They were NICE enough to do it the easy way beforehand.
Don't act as though you're entitled to a discount.

fredvon4

I may be confused here have not looked but I have a Lowe's MYLOWE'S card and it is NOT a credit card... it is a electronic receipt

I got a Lowe's credit card that is used every now and then and over time deactivates for non use...easy at the register to start back up

Beauty of the High % rate card is for some large purchases there is no interest for 180 days or longer with an additional discount 10%~20% (on top of my 10% military discount)...

Last year we bought a bunch of custom windows and door for a remodel... total discounts using the Lowe's CC was 25% (15% for using Lowe's CC) on a $4900 special order...paid off the next week as we had saved for the project....using JUST Military ID would have only been 10% off

The check out gal scans our... MYLOWE'S card bar code to put the purchase on the web site as a semi permanent receipt... so I do not need to store the receipts as they slowly fade into unreadable

shuvelrider

Currently you have to "register" as a vet at the Service Counter, then just give your phone # when you check out in the future. Saves the hassle of flashing your military I.D. or whatever card you carry. None of these stores owe us anything as a veteran, it is a nice gesture though. Could be to many scammers out there trying to save a dime on the dollar.

mushoot

I had to show my ID at customer service. They asked my retirement date. Now all I have to do is show my lowes card or scan it at the auto check out and I get the discount. They even print thank you for my service on the receipt.

JohnKSa

Administrator
...I may want to consider getting a MyLowes card if I wanted to continue to use my military discount...
In other words, they do offer, and will continue to offer a military discount, you just have to follow their rules to get it.

1. Not gun related.
2. Not an accurate thread title.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.