Lowers

rsh32crew

Ok so I am working with a gun smith that recommends Mega Machine Lowers, he also asked me to consider a DPMS lower. What are everyone's thoughts on Mega Machine, as I have never heard of them before he mentioned them?

A second question, who is currently manufacturing RRA lowers, or do they do all of their machining in house?

A quick response would be great as I'm looking to move forward with my purchase/build shortly.

rugerdawg

mega machine

I have used mega machine lowers and uppers for a number of builds and their quality leaves dpms in the dust. Very clean and the finish is great. Their new matched billet uppers and lowers in .308 are one of the finest platforms out there.

CPTMurdoc30

If they are milspec then it is matters little what is stamped or machined into it as a name. It matters more how well it fits with the upper and what is in side. The best lower in the world will be junk if you have the worst trigger you can find that breaks at 20# has a bunch of creek and over travel in it. Plus if you have a grip that doesn't fit you well it will feel like crap as well.... The only issue I know of is with Colt large pin and small pin uppers and lowers.