Low Swing Mauser Safety

XLT

Hi Guys,

was wondering if any of you have had experience with adding a low swing safety to a Mauser... is there one out there that requires less fitting than others?

I had a "1938" Turk Mauser scoped and handle bent... but the safety doesn't swing anymore, and the gunsmith took 11 months to get as much done as he did...so I didn't feel like leaving it with him any longer. :(

Clemson

The Timney Buehler type is simple and relatively easy to install. If you don't feel comfortable with it, I will be happy to install it for you, and I won't take 11 months.:)

Clemson

XLT

Thanks for the info...I think I will try that Dayton Traister unit, pretty inexpensive experiment... and while the description says minor fitting needed, many of the reviewers said they needed none...

Clemson, if that doesn't work, I will seriously consider your offer...what does that job run price wise?

XLT

VAHunter

I'd recommend the Timney. I had a Dayton Traister fitted to a Swedish Mauser and it was a surprisingly sloppy fit. I had to then pay another smith to go with the more expensive--and more positive and secure--Timney version. Gets expensive paying twice. Just my 2C

HankC1

These low swing safeties are 2 position safety I believe. Which lock position when safety engaged? Locks the bolt in down position or still can open to eject the chambered round? Military mauser safety has 3 positions.

brian923

i have a mauser shroud, and side swing safty that i just took off of a vz-24. i was thinking about putting it on the bench, but if your interested, we can see if we can work something out.... if you are intersted, you can reach me best at demonslayer923@hotmail.com. (because i have it on my blackberry, and my home computer is down) ill try to get some pics up,but like i said, my computer is down, and im using a friends for right now. but im sure i can get them onto photobucket and then to you.

i believe that it is just a 2 position safty. safe and fire.

brian.

Clark

I like the Wisner M70 type safeties for the M98.
I have the Chapman tooling, but Chapman safeties need too much fitting.

p_724015120_1.jpg

Figure out how to get the revs down on the metal saw, or you will be sorry.