Loving the Southpaw

BourbonCowboy

I recently picked up a used Charter Arms Southpaw from a Gunbroker seller. I added the "new" compact grips from Charter Arms - just because I thought they might be a better alternative than the grips that came with it.
Today I tested it out...just a few shots. I managed to put all 11 shots (all I had with me) in a paper plate at 25 feet. Not bad for a 2" snub-nosed ultralight revolver. The recoil wasn't bad, but I suspect the old reloads that I was shooting were somewhat light. For a lefty like me, it's a real treat to shoot...and it's definitely a keeper.

Wheelie_Fan

Hey there BC, good to hear you're enjoying the Southpaw and a cool move for Charter to offer a setup for lefties. Hope you continue to enjoy the new piece and grips.

I have an Off Duty with the compact grips and find them to be very comfortable to both grip and shoot, even for my relatively large meathooks. They're a really nice bunch over there at Charter and it's always good to see a local company (local to me) doing well.

dahermit

I recently picked up a used Charter Arms Southpaw from a Gunbroker seller. I added the "new" compact grips from Charter Arms - just because I thought they might be a better alternative than the grips that came with it.
Today I tested it out...just a few shots. I managed to put all 11 shots (all I had with me) in a paper plate at 25 feet. Not bad for a 2" snub-nosed ultralight revolver. The recoil wasn't bad, but I suspect the old reloads that I was shooting were somewhat light. For a lefty like me, it's a real treat to shoot...and it's definitely a keeper.
A few pictures would have been nice.