Lots of ARs, Mags, and Ammo at the gun show today.

TennJed

Went to the gunshow in north MS (Memphis suburb) today. Lots of ARs, Mags, and ammo. I am not an AR or 223 guy so I didn't study the prices too hard, but it seems like the lowest prices AR I saw (DMPS) was $1600. Noticed most wolf .223 ammo was $14 a box. 30 round AR mags were $50 for poly $30 for metal. I say one 100 AR drum for $250 and one guy had 33 round glock mags for $125.

Handgun prices seem usual for gunshow (slightly higher than they should). I have a couple of SKSs so I was looking at them hardest. $350 - $450 for really beat up ones $500 + for ones in good shape. $650 for ones that take AK mags. Tapco SKS mags were $30 - $35.

Interesting thing to me was what I was looking for was a Stainless Ruger SA (Vaquero or Blackhawk) in 357 mag. I did not see a single one. No new ones or used ones. A few blued but not a single Stainless.

Wasn't a total waste. I bought a fair condition SKS wood stock (to refinish for fun) with handguard for $10, and 200 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 for $50

spacecoast

Supply and demand... when the prices get high enough, they come out of the woodwork pretty much like anything else.

TennJed

That's a great price nowadays... would even be a decent price pre-panic. I've seen advertisements for 1000 rounds as high as $400-500

Funny thing about that is, I asked the guy early when I first got there how much and he said $10 a box (20 rds). Later that afternoon I walked by him holding the SKS stock I bought. I don't think he remembered me. He asked me if I needed some ammo for my SKS, I said if you got any for $5 a box I will take 10. He jumped on it.

My guess is he was getting sick of people walking away when he quoted $10

50 shooter

I was in yuma AZ this morning, went to the gun show. Same thing, overpriced junk and not many buyers. Told my stepfather that I hope they have to take it all home with them for trying to gouge buyers.

Ken - Oh

I heard $799 per case being asked for .223 at a show this weekend. At that price, I'll start selling what I have on hand!

Justice06RR

I went to the gun show in my area last weekend also. Plenty of AR's and AK's at ridiculous "panic" prices. Rifle ammo was pricey with most 5.56/223 selling for $1/round.

dodge

Like some of you I went to a gun show this weekend. Saw .223 ammo going for $800 +/1000, 20 round Vietnam era mags $35 a piece with 30 rounds going for $50 +. There was quite a few AR's going for $1800 or more. As with any show there was some deals if you looked for them but over all the prices was a little more than was necessary.