• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Lost Privileges After Admission to L & CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Well, y'all asked me to note any glitches after being admitted to Law and Civil Rights. I am no longer able to post images and I no longer have mail privileges. In fact, I was going to do an note to TheBluesMan to let him know my problem, only I am now allowed ZERO messages in my mail box and cannot sent mail. I even tried deleting mail to free up space, but that didn't work.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

DNS

Last edited:

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, DNS. I just went into the control room and started pushing a whole bunch of random buttons. See if by chance things work better now.

-Dave

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I think I hear Antipitas in the control room rattling some more switches. Give him a few minutes and see what he comes up with... :)

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I think I have all the levers and switches set in the right places.... (Mal stood over my shoulder, watching... I knew when I didn't have it right, as that dang collar he made me wear, um, "tingled" a might :))

If anyone has anymore problems, post it here, please.

Mal H

Staff
Not sure what you mean, Glenn. The links seem to be live. That wouldn't have been affected by the problem described here.

Wildalaska - repeat after me: "I before E except after C, or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh." ;)

Hkmp5sd

His links do not appear live to me (can't click on them). I can see the URL /URL commands on each end. The links that Wildalaska has work fine.

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
Mal, it's the links in Glenn's sig. I noticed that earlier today. Went and tried to find the problem, without success.

Note that if you visit Glenn's profile, his sig looks as it should.

ETA: Looked in another area; pulled a lever and reset a valve. Should be fixed.

Well I guess if y'all only have buttons and levers to push and throw, it must mean somebody is feeding the hamsters to keep the wheels turning at full speed. That is good!

Thank you! It looks like I can post pics now!

Attachments

• z Buck Tussle MDGC0032.JPG
    z Buck Tussle MDGC0032.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 26

Wildalaska

Wildalaska - repeat after me: "I before E except after C, or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh."

Mal....we read from left to right...on the keyboard, "e" is to the left of "i" and thence is typed first.....:D

WildlogicAlaska ™

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
OK kids... settle down or I'll be forced to see what that Big Red Button, with the skull and crossbones on it, does.... been wondering ever since Mal showed me this new room... :p

NOOOOoooooo! Not the big red button.

The manual says you should never push the big red button unless all other buttons have failed...

Try the smaller blue button first.

grymster2007

Running a ball-bar test, advancing the timing, adjusting the backlash, calibrating the rotary derder assembly????.... I dunno...

I had the same problem as DNS. I just emailed JohnKSa and he had me back in business in no time.

Mal H

Staff
Let me get this straight - you first push the little blue button, then you push the Big Red Bu........

atomic_bomb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.