Lorcin....Be kind please

Taxidermist

Here's my story. A friend of mine bought a Lorcin 9mm years ago and he finally had enough of it and gave it to me. I tried it and it fires one round and then the trigger quits. I looked it over and the bar from the trigger that goes under the right grip slips under and won't fire. Well after looking it over I added a small piece of rubber to the inside of the grip under the bar so it can't slip under the piece of metal that activates the firing pin. That now works perfect but now after you take one shot the case ejects fine but the firing pin holds the next round in the magazine so it can't feed in. Any idea's?

I'm not trying to make a piece of junk a good gun. I'm trying bug my buddy by getting it to actually work. Before the mod I did, it fed alright but the trigger didn't work. Now the trigger works but it won't feed because of the firing pin.

I know it's junk but if you like to tinker then junk is the best stuff to tinker on without losing any money.

John

Manedwolf

Seriously, I wouldn't be doing that. 9mm generates 35,000psi of chamber pressure, and you're holding it in your hand. A failure of the potmetal or an out-of-battery firing in an already-malfunctioning gun, and you're risking the continued use of your hand for life, not to mention debris in your face. Even well-made 9mms can explode. And if the firing pin is protruding after it fires, :eek: you're risking it going full-auto and losing control of it, or having it fail explosively as it goes full-auto, with the next round hitting debris jammed in the barrel. Never fire a malfunctioning firearm, IMO.

I would just let it be a paperweight. Your fingers aren't worth proving a point.

Manedwolf

That now works perfect but now after you take one shot the case ejects fine but the firing pin holds the next round in the magazine so it can't feed in.

That right there is the most worrying. If you manage to rig it enough that the firing pin protrudes just enough to let the next round in, it's going to hit the primer, and the gun will go full-auto. Those were never designed go full-auto, and the poor metallurgy means it'll likely come apart.

Qwiks draw

Here's a possible source of info for this.

Welcome to Bryco Pistols, Jennings Pistols and Jiminez Pistols
This forum is dedicated to owners of Bryco, Jennings, Lorcin, and Raven brands of firearms. ... operations in August 2004 Jimenez Arms is ...
http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms

Just passing through and thought this might help those who are looking for the forum andthe users of these products.