Loose cylinder pin on Super Blackhawk?

John D

After a shooting session, I noticed that my SBH cylinder seems loose on the pin. I know they sell oversized or replacement pins...any experience with these?

I'm thinkin' that this must have some effect on accuracy. Hope so...so it's not just my flinching on this big beast!

Brasso

An oversize pin will really tighten it up. I cosider it a must. Strengthens the lockup too. They will be really tight at first, but will wear in over time. The original pin in mine was too lose and my handloads were forcing the cylinder to unlock during firing. It's rock solid now. It will also prevent the pin from backing out with the hotter loads.

Jim March

You need a Belt Mountain pin. They're linked at www.sixgunner.com

Brownell's sells BM pins.

One oddity: Belt Mountain has a "Sheriff's Model" short-head pin that will effectively lengthen the ejector rod stroke by almost half an inch. Might be useful :). Doesn't cost any more than a regular pin.

KP95DAO

I currently have two SHBs and used to have another. With all the thousands of loads (factory level or heavier) I never had this problem. Though I routinely remove the ejector rod housing because the screw will shear after a few hundred rounds; even keeping it tight.

Jay Baker

What Jim March said. I have a SBH and a BH .45/.45ACP, and both have the Belt Mountain Cylinder Pins. They work!

J.B.