Looking to suppress my Encore

Willie Lowman

I want to get a .44 mag barrel for my Encore rifle with a suppressor.

an integral would be really cool. I do not want a ported barrel because I want to fire full velocity rounds for hunting. (If you are going to say something about the super sonic crack, stop now. I KNOW!)

Match Grade Machine makes short threaded barrels for use with a suppressor on custom order.

Is there anyone who makes a 16+ inch barrel with an integral suppressor. Google has failed me so far.

What's out there? Has anyone tried this so far?

Willie Lowman

Just ordered a custom barrel from SSK. They say the lead time is 22 weeks. So If I order my suppressor soon I may get them both in time for deer season next year.

dogtown tom

Willie Lowman .....Is there anyone who makes a 16+ inch barrel with an integral suppressor.....
Sure......in .22LR and 5.56. But I would imagine the market for an integral in .44 would be extremely small.

taylorce1

I wouldn't do an integral suppressor. Just buy a .45 caliber suppressor like the Harvester and run it on several barrels. Leave your options open.

Last edited:

Willie Lowman

I'm going to get a Bowers Vers 458 as soon as they come back in stock. In case I decide to get a 45/70 or .444 marlin barrel made.

GarrettJ

I find I get a pretty excessive POI shift shooting .44 through the Contender with a 10” barrel & suppressor. Longer barrel may do better. Maybe. Not a big deal if you only shoot it suppressed.

As long as you’re jumping through the NFA hoops, you might as well SBR your Encore. Short barrel with a suppressor makes a fun package. Lots of caliber options.

yC5bQyYh.jpeg