looking for tactical knife advise....

TheDeej

Looking for some examples of reasonably priced "tactical" knives. I have some military boys in my family who all know I'm a gun collector. These guys use knives everyday, so they say, but when asked what they would want for Christmas that they would use, they said tactical knives.

I carry two knives on me everyday, but they are more along the lines of "utility blades", mostly kershaw & sog working stuff.

What does a tactical knife have to have or not have to make so?

If there is a particular home on this forum for knife talk and explanations, please point me in that direction... Thanks

zoomie

Isn't "tactical" a great word? Few words are so overused and yet mean so little.

There's always the ubiquitous Ka-Bar. Find out what tasks they have in mind and you can get them the right tool.

egor20

Don't know about Tactical, but I carried either a K-Bar or a SOG Seal Pup Elite when I was a Diver.

BMCS (SW/DV) U.S. Navy ret.

TheDeej

Yea, my wife told me yesterday after a trip with me to a gun show she was going to make me "tactical ham sandwiches" for lunch at work. I asked her what she ment and she said that it seems tactical means everything and nothing all at the same time.

One is a machine gunner, one is a chinook mechanic, and the other is a paper pusher (that's all he ever says about his work). The mechanic and the "pusher" are army, the gunner marine. My wife's brothers, & my shooting buddies, when they are in the states...