looking for some info on a colt kodiak .44 mag.

2002gti

i saw one today at my local pawn shop for $1200, came home to search for some info/pricing on it but found nothing. i did find that it was a colt custom shop run but noe pricing, lenth of production or any other info. i would consider plopping down for this if the value is good.

BillCA

The Kodiak was built on the Colt Anaconda frame with 4" or 6" Magna-Ported barrels, a non fluted cylinder. Stainless steel, pachmayr grips.

Stamped "Colt Kodiak .44 Magnum" with outline of a bear's pawprint on left side of barrel. Serial Numbers start w/CKA. About 2,000 mfr'd by Colt's custom shop in 1993.

98% condition: around $650-$700. 100% condition: $900-$1k. (values are approximate and variable depending on market conditions, location and other factors).

If the specimen you saw is unfired and is in 100% condition, you might consider this an potential investment, not a shooter, if you can get the price down somewhat.

nwobhm

The pawnbroker knows what he has and is going to soak the life out of you for it.

If you look long enough one will turn up NIB for that kind of money, it's an Anaconda with a new name, I think they were matte finnished too. Very business like.

Keep checking Gunbroker and Gunsamerica.

GAB

Colt Kodiak

I have a Colt Kodiak that I purchased in Kodiak AK. The gun is unfired and in all original packaging. I tried to research the gun for a replacement cost for insurance. The only thing they could provide is replacement cost for an Anaconda. With the limited addition I know it is worth more than that, they don't make them anymore....

pwelsh4hd

I bought a Kodiak, and the slightly rarer Grizzly .357, at the same time as a set a couple years back. I believe I gave around $2000 for both (Both LNIB, and the Grizzly had a nice Colt letter with it). I think I was paying a little much at the time, and would still think that $1200 figure might still be high. I would think somewhere $900-$1000 might currently be about right.....however, with that in mind......you don't see a lot of them come up for sale often, so the opportunities can be slim. You'll definitely see another one for sale sometime, but how much will that one be? That's always the fence you'll have to cross yourself, and decide if that price is worth it to you anyway......as I said above, it was worth to me at the time, so I bought them both on the spot. If I can get a price somewhere in the ballpark of what I think is realistic, for a firearm I desire really bad.....I buy it and don't look back. But then again, sometimes my buying habits are a gun dealers fantasy-dream:D