Looking for some grips. . .

Fudgie Ghost

Just bought a used Ruger Security Six today. The gun is in excellent condition, including the original walnut grips. However, I'd like to try some slightly larger wooden grips once I get it home. (Have to have my permit "amended"--that'll take about three weeks. So it sits at the shop while the bureaucracy does their thing. Ah, the joys of living in NY State!) The stock grips seem a bit small for my hands. Anybody know of a decent mfr. that makes a nice looking set of wood grips for this piece?

capbuster

You might check with Herritts and see what they have. Years ago they made their excellent shooting star grips for most revolvers. Good luck with your search.

S&W44

Check the auctions on E-bay,Auction Arms,or Gunbroker.com.Sometimes you can find a real deal on grips.

Fudgie Ghost

Thanks all. . . some good leads. Checked out Eagle---very nice stuff--but it ain't cheap. Will check the auction boards--didn't think of that. Gotta say TFL is a great resource for info!

nyetter

I've tried 4 different grips on my SecSix. The factory service grips, too small. Hogue rubber, sticks out past the backstrap and rubs my palm. Sile target, pretty good. Sile fingergroove, excellent! I'm not satisfied yet though, I'll probably get some Pachmayrs next. www.cdnninvestments.com has a few kinds, and is where I got the Sile brand grips (at only $7 a pair, how could I resist experimenting?)

Fudgie Ghost

The problem I am having is that my gun is an older model. Serial # prefix is 150-. All of the grips I saw on gunbroker were for Sec. Sixes of prefix 151- and above. Help!

ACP230

CDNN, www.cdnninvestments.com. is selling some wood grips for Rugers including the Security Six. Prices aren't bad but the selection is small. One is listed as oversize, another is a gripper design with finger grooves. The rest are rubber.

Paul Fitz Jones

Fitz Stag grip for your Six

I have some Duramite Nylon-Plastic blend Imitation Stag grips for older sixes that I dug out of 23 years of storage to sell off.

fitz_ grips fitz_grips@hotmail.com selling out at 70's prices

Many officers have had this Stag gunfighter grip on their duty weapons Sixes and Smiths.

Only $31 postpaid