Looking for info on "MAC d’Armes"....

Skans

My first pistol was a chrome 38 special snubnose 5 shot revolver. It appeared to be a copy of a S&W. I believe that it was made in Brazil, and it was a good quality revolver for a cheaper gun. Doing this from memory, the manufacture's name (the best I could tell) was "MAC d'Armes Brazil"

I sold the gun long ago (late 1980's). As best that I could tell, it must have been manufactured in the 1970's.

I hated to sell the little revolver and thought that If I could find the same one in good condition, I'd buy it. But, I can't find any gun fitting that description. I've searched for years, but nothing.

If anyone has any information on this company, please let me know. Thanks.

James K

Member In Memoriam
I have no info on that company, but several small Brazilian arms makers have been take over by Taurus, and they do make a 5-shot snub in .38 Special. You might check their catalog for a similar model. Their quality is good (not as good as S&W, but less expensive) but I don't think they make anything nickel or chrome plated any more. Like other makers, they have long gone to stainless steel for rust prevention.

Jim

Skans

If it was a snub, it would have to have been imported before 1968.

I never heard of that before. I suppose it could have been that old. I bought it around 1979. It wasn't new, could have easily been a little over 10 years old. Nice looking little pistol. Looks just like a rossi snub nose .38, but nickel plated.

SDC

Those markings don't ring any bells for me, but the "manufacture d'armes...." part sounds typically French; are you sure it was made in Brazil?

Skans

Those markings don't ring any bells for me, but the "manufacture d'armes...." part sounds typically French; are you sure it was made in Brazil?

Man, it's been a long time since I've had that little pistol! I'm trying to recall - but, yes, I believe it said something like: MAC De Arms De Brazil" I'm assuming that if it was French, it would have said Made in France - definitely nothing about it being made in France on it.

When I had the gun, I really just thought of it as a good quality knock off of a S&W .38 snubnose. It was a pretty gun - nickle plated and nicely finished. Small grips made it hard to shoot. Now, I sort of want it back again....but I can't find any information whatsoever on the manufacturer. With out that, I don't even know what to search for!!