Looking for info on a 1990s handgun

EnoughGUN

I remember seeing a make of gun years ago that was all done up with finger notched grips colored inlays and I believe had a spider carved on the side. I thought I remember it being a Sphinx or LLama but I can't find any models of those that look like this did.
If anyone has info on these please let me know.

bernie

Sounds like it might be something made by Safari Arms. I remember they used to have a magazine ad in the late '70's or early '80's that convinced me that I had to have an "Enforcer" model. Alas, I was a young boy and not able to buy a firearm. I believe another model they made may have been called a "Matchmaster" but I am not sure.

DanD

Look at Olympic Arms (which used to be Safari, if I recall correctly.) It is a scorpion on the slide, though, I think.

Lost Sheep

Where was the spider?

I assume you are talking about a semi-automatic. Is that right?

Was the spider (or whatever creature) on the grip or in the metal of the gun?

Did you see in real life or in a magazine or where?

I recall seeing something like that on the cover of a gun magazine, but it will take some time for me to knock the cobwebs loose to retrieve the memory.

Lost Sheep

lechiffre

the safari arms black widow was the one with the spider on the slide and grips.

stolen picture:

wm_md_1042992.jpg

DanD

The current Olympic Arms Enforcer has a spider on the grips, but the Matchmaster has a Scorpion. Not as fancy as the Safari Arms, but still nice.