Looking for help in deciding which "AR" upper to get.

goodspeed(TPF)

So I have two identical "pre ban" Colt C-AR 15s in .223. I am looking to get a different UPPER for one of them and was wondering what, if any suggestions you guys have. The main purpose of this quest is in fact to have fun. I have 3 9mm carbines already FYI. I was thinking maybe .458 S.O.C.O.M., the .50 Beowulf or even the .450 Bushmaster. Maybe even an older "wildcat" cartridge. Thoughts of J.D. Jones come to mind.

Any useful information would be appreciated. Thank you. -Goodspeed

Last edited:

TheManHimself

Of the big-bore rounds, .458 SOCOM is the best choice because of the magazine factor. It uses standard, unmodified 5.56x45mm mags. Most of the rest do not.

dosjoel

450 bush

Hi,

I have an unfired 450 bushmaster brand new that I need to sell if you are interested. Comes with 6 boxes of Hornady ammo.

Thanks

strat81

I don't quite see the "fun" in the big calibers. Components are harder to find and are more expensive, as is factory ammo. More recoil too.

I'd get a Spike's 22 upper if you don't plan to hunt big game with it.

goodspeed(TPF)

Hi,

I have an unfired 450 bushmaster brand new that I need to sell if you are interested. Comes with 6 boxes of Hornady ammo.

Thanks

I am interested. Please feel free to pass along the information and Pics if you have them. Thank you. -Goodspeed:)