Looking for conservatively priced Revolvers.

sectshun8

I'm looking at the potential of picking up a revolver or two for my collection and fun at the range, but not looking to get too crazy into them. My only experience with the type is from a S&W 642 w/ Crimson Trace grip. I'm looking at a sub $400 range, caliber is a non issue. Thanks for your replies ;)

bumnote

Used Ruger Blackhawk. I've picked up a used, but in as new condition, Blackhawk and Single Six for under $400, under $300 for the SS. They're pretty easy to find at stores or gunshows and after my S&W 686's the Blackhawk is my favorite wheel gun. The 'convertable' Blackhawk comes w/ an extra cylinder in 9mm so you can shoot 357/38/and 9mm.

Bri0242

Revolver

My first, and only revolver, is a .38 special Ruger LCR. You can find them around $389 @ gunshows here. It has a comfortable grip & a smooth trigger pull.

ir3e971

Check out alans armory. My dad bought a very reasonable revolver there, and said the guy was excellent to deal with.

SaberOne

On the used market four hundred bucks can get you a pretty good piece around this time of year. Folks tend to unload some of their guns to off-set their holiday shopping. Like anything else, new guns do depreciate just like a car so you are always better off if you can find something used. I often see flawless examples of this and I tend to stick things on layaway in case I get cold feet.
Regards,

Glenn Dee

Haunt the local gun shops, and pawn shops ... Plenty of great stuff in the used display cases. S&W's, Colts, Dan Wessons, .... tarus, and rossi too.

comancheblack2

smith and wesson model 10 they are still afordable and shoot great. I have one for the house and I'am going to pick up another this weekend

SigP6Carry

I was actually wondering about the S&W 64s. Anyone else have opinions on them, especially with the bobbed hammer and DAO?