Looking for BHP..Silver chrome w/ gold accent

Carbon_15

About a year ago I saw a Browning hi-power in the case at my local gun shop. It was factory origonal and had a price tag of about $850. I didnt even ask to look at it cause it was way out of my price point at the time. lately I havent been able to get this gun off my mind. Think I'm going to make it my next addition. It had that beautiful Browning silky smooth silver (matte) chrome finish with a glold trigger...I cant remember but the hammer and safety may have been gold too. What really stuck ot were the pachamyr rubber wraparounds...didnt look to bad, but spoiled the motife of the pistol. Even hogues would have looked better. Anyway, If anyone knows of a sight, link or picture I would appreciate it. Anyone know the model of this hi priced hi power...any info??

Carbon_15

very funny "dont shoot". You know now that I read the discription id does sound kinda pimpish. Only Browning could make such a gun classy looking. I have seen Tarrus attemt at this look and it looks Getto. The matte chrome with the contrasting shiny gold just looks "nickle slick"

I have a blued Belgium, circa 1983....I do like chrome, having just hard chromed my P7....it's just the gold trigger that makes it a little too much for me....with the black controls you have three different colors....4 if you go to wood grips.....just a little too busy for my tastes...but still the best damn 9 out there....no wait, my P7 is....no, the Browning.....damn.....tough one....

kdmoore

saw one of these at the range the other night....

First time seeing one. Asked the owner about it. He said that a year or so back he ran across two and bought them both. Said he'd seen none since.

Noticed that the frame to slide fit was much tighter than my practical. He said it was "very accurate", but looked like all his guns were more accurate than mine..... hmmmmm what could cause that?

Anyway is looking to sell one. I don't know if he's "on the web" but let me know if you are interested and I'll see if I can help hook you up with him.

-K

btw, his trigger was gold, but his hammer was not. don't remember about safety or slide release