Looking for authorized buyer for miniguns...

simonov jr

I know some here have connections internationally in the defense arena. My company is looking for a govt. buyer or authorized reseller for 35 GE miniguns (20mm) , aircraft pods included. This is 100% legit, will go through Def. Trade Control as they are covered under a previous license agreement. Also looking for serious buyers of aircraft spares and tools. Please email me off-line if interested or if you have a serious contact...

QuadOughtBuck

Man.....the minigun is my favorite full auto weapon....What I wouldn't do for one of those puppies. The ROF is so fast that it can rip apart even the most heavily armored targets.

MitchSchaft

I wonder how much one of those things would cost. Or if it's obtainable by private citizens. I have a feeling it is not a class3 type of weapon.

Foxy

I've heard that there's like 3 in the US that are transferrable.. and that one of them went for sale and sold for over $125,000.

'Course, that was internet forum innuendo.. who knows the real story? :)

Kharn

Foxy: I believe you are thinking of the .223 miniguns (GAU-134?). These are MUCH bigger. :D

Kharn

Foxy

Oops, yeah, I was thinking of the 7.62x51 one, or maybe one of the 5.56 ones. Didn't notice that 20mm part!

Yikes. Well, I suppose if you can afford the gun.. you could afford the ammo costs :)

BRRAAAP!

Well, there went $1000 of ammo downrange.

Hutch

Yeah, miniguns are the 7.62 mm version. The full-tilt-and-boogie M61 Vulcan is a 6-bbl 20mm. If they are in a/c pods, then they may have been up on the F4 prior to the E model. They were fitted to the all-missile-armed Phantoms so that they could do some ground-support strafing. They are not all that rigid a mount, and were not really considered useful for air-to-air combat, due to lack of accuracy. IIRC.

benewton

On the accuracy question, at 6K RPM in the general direction of your target, this might be the one time that the "spray and pray" doctrine just might work!

Poodleshooter

Consider this: Not only must the weapon be registered, but by virture of the bore diameter, each round of 20mm is a must-register DD! :eek:

70-101

Purchase price $120,000 + Ammo cost @approx. $100.00 per second:eek: will that fit on a Chrysler 300, if I modify the roof?...;)

Waterdog

Mike Dillon of Dillon Precision, from what I understand, he deals in the 7.62 mini, retro
parts etc.

Waterdog

M4A3

ac47-firepower-night-view.jpg

Time delay photo of a night time fire mission of a Puff (The Magic Dragon) around Saigon. The red lines are tracer rounds and there are 5 bullets between each tracer round Somthing just got F****D UP....BAD
trigger-minigun-1024.jpg

minigun.jpg

minigunsideview.jpg

:D My GOD these things are COOL!!!

vulcan

need a gunner?

Need a qualified gunner to test fire them? I had a lot of trigger time on the towed vulcan system . The towed vulcan was used by the 82nd ABN. because its light enough to air drop. The lead angle radar was quirky for air defense, but its great for ground fire. Trying to keep the ammo storage unit loaded when firing was a pain. There was also a track mounted version for the legs also. Geez, I miss firing them.... Not loading tho

Kharn

SR_15_M4: The one with the gunner sitting by it is a lil' baby compared to the ones Simonv Jr is trying to sell.
These are more the correct size:
ac130_13.jpg

Note: those are mounted on an AC130 Spectre (C130 Hercules airframe) to give you an idea of the size of them.

Kharn