Looking for an AK smith

Nightcrawler

A friend of mine has one of those Saiga 7.62x39mm carbines. Fit an finish are far better than the Romanian guns, and not a bad buy for the $179.00 + fees he paid for it. (Another friend has one of the Hesse converted ones, and it works quite well, despite having been touched by Hesse.)

He'd like it to take regular AK magazines, though. Are there any reputable AK smiths he could send it to? I know about Kreb's Custom. Anyone else?

Adventurer_96

Here's two sources for you, before you check out ak-47.net ;)

www.solsticearms.com info@solsticearms.com

Proprietor is Gary, aka Informer, pretty much recognized as one of the true artists in the field. The only drawback is his timeline for work, which he is very up-front about, it's probably pretty long. Still, if you're willing to wait, I think he's about the best source in the US from what I've been told. He's building a Krinkov for me at the moment, and I'm more than happy to wait a while to get the product. Still, it would be nice to have a Krinkov for this weekend...

www.ak-103.com

I can't remember the name of the 'smith that owns this site, but he makes some of the most amazing AK-103 conversions in the country. I've seen one or two up close at a gun show, next to the Hesse rifles, and it's apples and oranges. Best part: He's reasonably priced, and when I talked to him I think turnaround was inside of a month. Don't quote me on it, but I know it's rather quick.

Good luck, both will offer some great products.

bubba01

Saiga .308 Modifications

You can DIY. Just got off the phone with Jerry at Gordon Technologies. Great guy and Company to deal with!!!!

Here goes:

Bought Saiga .308 from CDNN - $299.00 +s&h + 25ffl
added Choate P/N 18-03-08 DRAGUNOV - $49.00 -gun show buy
added Gordon Tech G2 -double hook trigger group - $39.99 + s&h
added Hesse muzzle break Model 47SVD - $25.00 +s&h - still
working on this one. I want to be carefull on brazing anything to
the end of the barrel sight.

Gotta have those five parts for 922r - I'll keep all receipts.

I'll do a detail on the mods later - but its coming out great so far!!!
I don't have an extensive shop - garage only.

JG

You may have seen my post on AK-47.net, this is a 103K from AK103.com.....Chris Butler is the owner, he does great work and has a quick turn around time as mentioned above.

This gun has an FSE fixed Krink stock and RSA adjustable FCG.

picture.JPG