Looking for a Steyr AUG carbine copy...

Powderman

Does anyone know about the AUG copies? I am familiar with the MSAR, and it's sweet. There is supposed to be another one on the market that takes AR15 magazines--another AUG copy. Does anyone know what they're called and if they're available?

KChen986

I think it's the same company. Called the Model E4? (Possibly, thought I saw them call it this on a forum.)

Basically their latest generation STG 556. No word on availability yet.

Sturmgewehre

It's my understanding that Steyr has a new importer and the AUG will once again be available here soon.

I'm holding out for a real Steyr vs. a clone.

KChen986

The MSAR STG-556 will soon, hopefully within the next 6 weeks, be shipping with the E4 stock. This stock has several enhancements over the STG-556 stock. The receiver, bolt carrier, hammer pack, and barrel are all the same and interchangable. The only difference is the stock.

The stock itself takes AR15 mags, all AR15 mags, and only AR15 mags. The bolt release is in the same location but much larger contact area. There are hardened steel attachment points welded into the stock for rails in 5 locations. The rifle will ship with 3 rails that you can install where you wnt them. The barrel threads will be 1/2 x 28.

MSRP on the rifle is just over 2 grand. You can call Ratworxusa.com and be put on a waiting list. After we build and ship some E4 rifles, guys wanting the E4 stock that already own a STG-556 will be able to send it in to us and we will install and test fire the rifle.

Get back to me with any more questions, or even suggestions. Most of the changes we have made to the rifle have come from suggestions from users right here on the gun boards.

Dave R

From: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24766&page=3