Looking for a shoulder Holster.

SilentHitz

Put me down for Galco too, have a jackass rig for my 1911s, and a Miami classic for my 642. Will last a lifetime, or two.

45Gunner

Thus far, it is unanimous. Galco shoulder rigs are the best bet for the money and one of the cheapest/inexpensive places to buy is Optical Planet.

Nice feature of these rigs are you can change holsters, ammo carriers, for different guns and keep the same rigging.

BillCA

+1 on the Galco Miami Classic here too.

I've used it to carry a stainless steel Springfield 1911, plus spare magazines for more than 10 hours at a stretch. No binding, pinching or aching shoulders.

Golddog

Shoulder holster

Tauris holster, by Michael Taurisano, or Bodyguard, by Alessi. Terrific quality in both - excellent leather, great looks, serious comfort, good adjustments, easy to draw from. I've owned two of each and would buy them for each of my guns if I could afford to do so.

roach4047

I purchased a Galco. It's very nice but honestly I purchased it on an impulse buy and never used it. Just hangs out in the safe waiting for me to get a CCW permit I suppose. I guess I'll get one someday.

Roach

freakintoguns

i mainly want one for when i go hiking and camping, figure it would bea little harder to have it fall out in a shoulder rig instead of on my belt

sleeper614

if you just a cheap one but good cheaper than dirt has them stating at $20. i have one and it holds all my guns up to my 1911.

SigP6Carry

I highly suggest one with a back strap. The ones with tie downs tend to flop around too much for me, while the backstrap (when properly fitted) will reduce it and allow a more positive draw. It also makes bending over far less awkward and makes putting it on easier. In my opinion, at least. I also prefer leather holsters for most work outside of IWB carry that are fitted to the specific gun. Most "universal" holsters allow too much travel within the holster for me tastes. Just my 2 cents.