Looking for a shop with a NIB Marlin 39A 22LR

JimDandy

My local shops are telling me, if I see one, I should buy it because I'll see one before they do. And I figure somewhere out there is a gunshop called Lever Action Lovers or some such similar. Anyone in here have a line on a shop like that I could call, and do a phone order then ship to FFL?

603Country

I know where a fellow could get a Winchester 9422, but I don't think they have a 39A. It's Praco Pawn in Waco. You might call them.

JimDandy

Nope, unfortunately it's gotta be a Marlin 39A. Dad's a big Marlin fan. Otherwise we'd have already found him a Henry.

Ruger480

Call Bass Pro in Altoona Iowa. 515-957-5500
I too love the 39A and it took me years (decades really) to get my hands on it.
BP was the only place I could find one NIB.

Good luck!

DealHunter

Local place, Personal Defense in Raleigh NC has 1 new and 1 used. Personally the used feels better in fit and finish, but they do have NIB one as well (as of yesterday at least).

kilimanjaro

My Dad and I teamed up to buy a 39A in 1967, cost $67.50. We let each other claim ownership for the next 40 years. Still have it, best 22LR I have.

Pay what the man wants for it.

Buy two. Shoot one, let the NIB appreciate.

Pahoo

Getting harder to find !!!

My Dad and I teamed up to buy a 39A in 1967, cost $67.50.
In 1962, I bought one at the "Gitmo" gun shop. I paid $50.00 and an additional $3.00 to get it shipped back, to the states as it was just too much of a hassle to take it on the ship and I couldn't shoot it anyway. ..... :mad:

These days, I am not seeing many, except for in private collections and the Pre-Safeties are getting pricey. Your best bet is going to be a private seller, like GunBroker or forums .... :)

Be Safe !!!

40-82

Today I was carrying one of the pair of 39A's my father bought in 1947 for $25 apiece. My brother has the other one. They were the first guns I ever shot. I was four years old. If you can find one, they're worth it.