Looking for a RELIABLE single-stack 45 for CCW <500

omnibus1967

like the title says....Reliable and single stack CCW 45.

if it only feeds hardball....that's OK.

Thanks..................Bill

jmr40

I've not priced 1911's in a while. I already have too many. But the RIA 1911 can be had for that price I think. I had one for a while and my brother has one of the Tactical RIA pistols. Between the 2 we've never had a problem.

lee n. field

like the title says....Reliable and single stack CCW 45.

You might be able to get one of the Ruger P series .45s in under $500. Used, you definately should.

If "single stack" wasn't one of your requirements, I'd be looking into used Austrian or Croatian plastic.

2cooltoolz

I've not priced 1911's in a while. I already have too many.
Is your wife peeking over your shoulder??:eek:

I see the Glock 36, single stack 6+1 on Gunbroker around $530, barely over your price point; Kahr CW45 single stack 6+1 around $425; Bersa Thunder @ $340ish; Ruger KP345, $410 at impactguns.com.

Last edited:
Why go with anything than a 1911, especially if you are alright with ball?

Rock Island 1911 Mil-spec

Springfield 1911 Mil-spec

Mayyyybe a Para GI Expert if you shop around.

Of course, used opens up your options

Leejack

Just in case you don't want a 1911 or something plastic, here's a different twist on the question:

Ruger P90 or Taurus 945. Both single stack 8 rounders.

Just a thought

Lee

jreXD9

NEW Kahr CW45 under $500....easy to find. I've got one and carry it daily. It replaced my xd9sc because it's thinner and lighter and much easier to carry. I've had zero issues with it. Its perceived recoil is less than the larger and heavier xd45c that I had some months ago.

Terry A

I recently got a RIA .45. The first 25 or so rounds thru it, all kinds of funny stuff happened, including the slide staying back for a couple of seconds before cycling forward again, the slide grabbing on the take down slot, the obligatory stove pipe, etc.

AFTER the initial break in, no more problems. I would buy another one so I can recommend it based on my experience with mine.

Officer's Match

Here ya' go:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46029

Kahr TP45 for $430 delivered.
46029.jpg

WVsig

I personally do not use the name Kahr and the word reliable inherent same sentence with "un" in the mix. LOL

Be patient and find a used Sig P220. I prefer older W German guns.

chris in va

Beg and plead for a Sig 220 around $500, probably your best bet. The Kahr is also a good idea, although I found recoil to be rather unpleasant.