Looking for a range in IL that serves food.

Davey

I have some relatives coming over from West Virginia in a couple months and we've decided that we would spend at least an afternoon at a range.

I'm a new gun owner, in fact my gun is still at the store waiting for 72 hours to expire, so I'm not familiar with many of the ranges.

I'd like a range where we can take a break during the afternoon, relax, get something to eat, etc. You know, like a sports bar but instead of baseball there's guns? I guess I'm looking for a club really.

Any recommendations?

I'm located in Northern Illinois near Elgin, Schaumburg, Pingree Grove, Des Plaines, etc...

Skans

Do they serve beer at gun ranges? I want to join that club.....but only if I'm the only one drinking.:D

On the more serious side. There's a public skeet range in Atlanta Ga. that serves food - has more of a club-house type atmosphere. Also, a nice sporting clays club in Okeechobee FL that has a real nice set-up with food.

I'd look for something along the lines of a skeet club or sporting clays club for something like that. Just my experience.

oneounceload

On the more serious side. There's a public skeet range in Atlanta Ga. that serves food - has more of a club-house type atmosphere. Also, a nice sporting clays club in Okeechobee FL that has a real nice set-up with food.

Sage Hill Clay Sports in Reno has slots, restaurant and full bar to go with the trap/skeet/sporting clay courses.......

Haven't seen too many indoor type ranges with food service - between health/contamination issues and permits/etc., might take a big place to make money from both sections

TJH3781

Try United Sportsmen, Freeport, IL. They have a range & a club house. I believe they serve food, but do not know what days or times. They offer yearly memberships & also have a daily fee.

Last edited:

longspurr

Davey
You are in the Wrong state! I will be surprised if anything like that exists in northern Ill or southern Wis. Relocate to Michigan and we can set you up with a club.

Illinois, you want to shoot, go to one of the very few ranges. You want to eat, go to a restraunt.

This can be a enterprise oppertunity. Start your own club with these facilities in Ill. You will have no competition!

Davey

Thanks for the recommendations however I was looking for something IN Illinois. :)

Freeport, IL is too far. It's out past Rockford. Ugh.

dsa1115

Since your near Elgin and Schaumburg, the nearest place to go shoot is in Dundee at GAT Guns. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

SundownRider

If you're up for a trip south, Megasports in Plainfield has a restaurant right next door. Probably the largest selection of guns I've ever seen in one place.

Davey

Been to GAT guns. It's okay for trips by myself or with the girl friend but I wanted to take my future brother and sister inlaw to some place less stuffy and hot. Sucks that GAT Guns is by far the closest to my house.

dsa1115

I just suggested GAT because it's close to Elgin and Schaumburg and thought that would be closest for you. However, if you want to drive a little farther, I'd second what Sundownrider suggested......drive down to Plainfield and go to Megasport's. Their selection is incredible. I've never seen an gun inventory as massive as their's....anywhere. And, there is a sports bar/restaurant right next door.