looking for a M&P

AJG

Okay... so I'm in the market for a new gun.
A M&P mid size .45 (4" barrel) w/thumb safety (but not a necessity).
Looking online because none of my local gun (Hampton Roads Va.) shops have any in stock! UGGGG
And I'm seeing proces that I'm thinking are a tad high.
$579 to $629. and thats not including the transfer fee's.
Anyone know a whereabouts one can be had for a more reasonable price?
Or is that a reasonable price?

thanks
Alex

mhuegerich

I picked up this two tone M&P9 from my local Cabela's. They had it on sale for $479, plus I had a $100 off coupon which brought it down to $379.

Gotta love those Cabela's coupons. I get them about three or four times a year. So far I've bought a M&P45, Colt 1911XSE, Glock 19, and now this M&P9. Think of all the money I'm saving (at least that's what my wife would say).:)

MP7.jpg

dyl

Actually that's not a cracked frame but good attention to detail! What you're looking at is a ridge in the frame. The take down lever has to pivot from it's current 3 o'clock position down to 6 o'clock so the plastic is relieved to give it room to swing.

By the way, how does someone manage to get Cabelas coupons?

My own M&P purchase:
Earlier this year I bought an M&P40c for 620-ish in a brick-and-mortar store even though it was listed for 570 at it's website. The man behind the counter spent forever checking back and forth with the manager who supposedly had added a whole lot of taxes and charges (even some kind of "shipping" charge although the gun was already in the store). I asked and there was no cash discount. The clerk must have felt bad because he threw in a box of reloaded ammo (georgia arms) and 4 free range tickets. Although range time at that range is in my opinion over-priced, each ticket was worth $17. (but if you stayed a whole day it could be worth your while)

I wanted the gun so I bought it. I feel like I got my money's worth and used a couple of those tickets to start off a shooter new to handguns.

My opinion - the prices you listed aren't terrible, it would help if they could sweeten the deal or if you feel you could walk away smiling rather than being disappointed. But if that store was rude to you and you felt like you'd be handing your money over to an inconsiderate bully I'd look somewhere else.

Uncle Malice

Earlier this year I bought an M&P40c for 620-ish in a brick-and-mortar store even though it was listed for 570 at it's website.

:eek:

holy geez. that's way over priced.

I do like the M&P thought, so not THAT bad.

AJG

499?

so where are the LGS located to find one at 499?

I did find one local for 479, but thats used...

AJG

I would if

Why not just order from Jet Gun at $439 shipped... FFL transfer shouldn't be more than $30... mine is $20, and I know of a few places that are $10... but I have a local relationship with my shop, so I pay the $20.

http://www.jetguns.com/smith-wesson-c-325_194_224.html

Uncle Malice... I would IF they had a .45. All their M&P's are 9mm or .40's

Markwondi

I've purchased from JetGuns 3 times now, and each transaction has been perfect.

BTW, he carries more than what's on his website. You need to call if you want something not posted on his website. I've done this before and his prices blew away anyone else.

coop2564

Quote,
Where did you get a $100 coupon ? Thanks :)

They send them out in mail to customers who have bought there in the past. I get several a yr.

Steve0

$499 nib

My local gun store also has it for $499 new in box. I would think that there would be a gun store somewhat close to you with one.