Looking For A Holster For A Springfield 5" .45

Adventurer 2

There are so many holster makers out there that I know nothing about so I thought I would seek some advice - I prefer leather, with thumb break, carried outside on a belt - what do you suggest and why?

hdawson228

Although I have the leather from SA, I've just received the carbon fiber Blackhawk Serpa. No thumb release but it does have a very secure internal finger release that is very neat. Simple to reholster securely and automatically. I got mine from Amazon. No fumbling for the thumb break. Very natural drawing with finger in place for action. :cool:

Adventurer 2

The SA 1911. Keep the suggestions coming please.
As a bonus I have found another holster that I am going to get for my 38 snub from the above choices.

stevekolt

Bianchi Snap Lock or Carry Lock. Beautiful leather with an easy to use locking mechanism. My wife and I have them for our Kimbers and Glocks.

possumking

I have a S.A .45 and started out with a cheap leather holster and didn't like it. I'm not loaded with money, but I did find a Kydex paddle holster from uncle mikes. It's a hard case and catches on the trigger guard. Its very inexpensive.. like 28.000 shipping included. Don't knoe=w if it would hold up if you were doing competions every weekend, but for weekend range shooting it should work.

Tom

daYooper

I've got one of the Galco holsters. It says COP series on the back, not sure what more to say about it besides that I love it. I've tried a few other guys 1911 holsters, and none of them were as comfortable as mine. $50 out the door at the local gunshop.

~Bazan

Baba Louie

Galco Fletch FL212. With my body shape, grip tucks in nicely below ribcage when carried just between 3:00 & 4:00 on right (strong side) hip. Get a good belt as well (goes without saying).

Dreadnought

stevekolt said:
Bianchi Snap Lock or Carry Lock. Beautiful leather with an easy to use locking mechanism. My wife and I have them for our Kimbers and Glocks.
I just got a Model 82 carrylok yesterday for my taurus 1911, very good fit, the finish looks great, and the retention is quick to use, my draws are just as fast as my open-top IWBs. If you put your belt over the outside of the holster instead of just through the loops, it draws the grip in tightly enough to conceal well, but not enough to dig in like with an IWB.